REC's August Jobs Outlook shows huge increase in demand for staff
REC (The Recruitment & Employment Confederation), have recently released their monthly update, showing huge increases in demand for staff and more confidence among UK businesses. Here are a few key stats and quotes to back this up:
- In July 47% of employers said "things are starting to pick up now", more than double the figure from 2013
- 82% of employers state that they use agency workers to provide short-term access to key strategic skills. Now the dominant reason for accessing agency workers.
- 4 in 10 employers plan to increase use of agency staff in the next year. 47% of those plan to increase the use of agency staff in the next three months.
- 80% of employers plan to recruit a permanent member of staff this year. 86% of them plan to do this in the next three months.
- 86% of employers estimate they will increase the number of permanent staff in the next three months. Only 3% of all employers surveyed said they expect to have less staff.
- 47% of those surveyed plan to increase the number of temporary workers in their organisations. Only 4% plan to reduce it.