Who are they?
A tech start-up who are striving to make the retail sector more sustainable!
These guys work with some of the biggest high street fashion brands to ensure that their excess stock doesn't end up in landfill. They've been doing this for around 5 years now and have already become profitable, fuelling their growth!
Due to their success, they are looking for someone to join them who can help build the platform they need to take things to an even bigger scale.
This is a brand-new role and an incredible opportunity for someone to really put their stamp on things - from the tech being used to the people they hire!
This is a brand-new role and you'll be building the first technical iteration of their platform, which is an incredible opportunity for you to really put your stamp on things, and shape the future of the business as they continue to scale.
At the moment, they don't have a development team and the platform is currently cobbled together by some sophisticated spreadsheets and basic Scripting, so you'll get to decide what technology is needed to take them to the next level.
In essence, you'll get to pick the entire technology stack - which is a pretty rare opportunity!
Looking to the future, they are planning to grow the team which you will be heavily involved in if that's the route you'd like to go down. If you'd like to stay purely technical, they can make that work too, with you being the go to technical person and bringing in someone to Manage the growing team.
What we're looking for?
Due to the platform being in it's very early stages we'd love to hear from people with either PHP, Python or Node experience. Aside from that, it would be beneficial that you're confident with the following;
- SQL - any variant, just a solid understanding of databases
- Cloud Services - again right now they don't have any cloud capability, so would lean on you for advice, do they go straight down the AWS route? Or try out Heroku first, or maybe even GCP?
What's on offer?
- Salary range is £50-70k for the right person - you may well be a Senior just now looking for that next step, or currently a Principal Developer who loves the sound of the opportunity to work for a rapidly growing profitable start-up
- Remote (occasional travel to the North West HQ which is just off the M6)
- Flexible working hours
- Various progression routes available - technical and non-technical
If you'd like some more information on this role, please get in touch with Danielle Carter at Cathcart Associates.
If you'd like some more information, please reach out or apply below!